THE HARBOUR PROJECT
THE PROJECT BACKGROUND:
The Harbour Project are a charity supporting asylum seekers and refugees in Swindon.
Their website had become disorganised and not user friendly with information, news, and reports difficult to find. It required a new structure and focus.
THE MEEMU PROCESS:
Following a stakeholder meeting, I set up an online card sort to look at tasks key users would undertake. The findings were wire-framed in Axure to further test, and as a discussion point for Stakeholders.
Once the content flow was decided I built the site in a test area using WordPress, a theme was purchased and installed and the visual branding was enhanced. Trello and Dropbox were used to manage the project and organise content.
The use of Trello and Dropbox enabled both the client and myself as designer to build and create together which nurtured an open process.
The new site has been well received by stakeholders. Visit it here: www.harbourproject.org.uk